Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
At Pediatric Surgery Center, our mission is to treat every patient and their family as if they were our own. To help ensure your safety, we are asking all patients and their companions to follow the Center for Disease Control’s recommended precautions while visiting our facilities.
Status of Operations:
We are open for your surgical needs. Our hours of operation are from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We are fully complying with the recommendations and protocols put forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and continually monitoring updates from the CDC and Department of Health. Steps taken by Pediatric Surgery Center in this regard specifically include:
- Increasing the rigorous cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout each office (including frequent disinfection of our equipment, common areas and surfaces)
- Making hand sanitizers and disinfectant supplies available
- Reducing density in our waiting rooms and follow applicable social distancing practices
- Screening all patients on arrival for possible infection
- Pediatric Surgery Center is maintaining continual communication with staff, and any employee with potential symptoms is being asked to stay home. Additionally, all non-essential staff members are conducting business offsite.
Instructions for Patients:
We ask that you call the facility and reschedule your appointment if within the past 2 weeks, you have:
- Traveled by air or cruise ship, whether international or domestic
- Have been asked to self-isolate or self-quarantine by any other doctor or public health official
- Have or have had a fever, a new cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, diarrhea, or any flu-like symptoms
Upon your arrival, we will be asking you again about recent travel, your symptoms, and taking your temperature with a non-contact thermometer at check-in. This is done as a precautionary measure to ensure you are in good general health.
Masks/facial coverings are required by law to all individuals entering our building.
Instructions for Visitors:
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities, we are implementing the following restrictions and limitations regarding visitors in our ambulatory surgery centers:
- Two parents/guardians per patient allowed.
- Masks/facial coverings are optional at this time.
Must meet screening criteria upon entry to the facility:
- Plan for temperature screening for all visitors upon entry to the facility.
- No signs or symptoms of a fever or respiratory illness included cough, difficulty breathing
- In the last 14 days has not had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 or is under investigation for COVID-19 or has been hospitalized for a respiratory illness.
- Has not traveled to mainland China, Iran, most European Countries, the United Kingdom and Ireland, and South Korean the last 14 days
- Has not been on a cruise in the last 14 days.
Steps You Can Take to Limit Exposure:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if possible and maintain “social distancing” around others
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
If You’re Sick:
- Monitor symptoms – seek prompt medical care if symptoms worsen
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Wash your hands, clean and disinfect surfaces daily
- If you’re around other sick people, or caring for others, wear a face mask
- Call your doctor before seeking care, including for appointments scheduled for other reasons
- Call 911 if you have a medical emergency
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.